The Trata Apartments & County House are located in an enviable location in the charming alpine village of Gozd Martuljek on the outskirts of the Triglav National Park (Kranjska Gora 3 km).
With its 4000 m2 large, the Trata estate offers privacy and peace . Look out of the window and it will take your breath away - Spik and the surrounding peaks are so close that one feels that one could just touch it.
In winter, only a few steps from the house are the ross-country trails and the children will be able to suppress their surplus of on the nearby hill, the perfect setting for their sledding and skiing lessons.
And starts the longest (over 200 miles) and one of the most beautiful and tidy bike path in Slovenia, taking you around the Julian Alps. The circular cycling route leads from Kranjska Gora through the Gozd Martuljka , Bled, Bohinj , Tolmin , Kobarid , Bovec and finally onto the pass back to Kranjska Gora .
By following this path for about 3 km you will be directly led to Kranjska Gora in just about 10 minutes, if you opt for the bicycle or a good half an hour if you choose to walk it.
Here are just a few suggestions for a half-day or full-day excursion;
- The Martuljek waterfalls - two gems of the Slovenian Alpine world, with easy access through a picturesque gorge
- The Natural Reserve Zelenci - with its unique fauna
- The Tamar Valley
- The mountain pass Vrsic
- The Jasna Lake, where on hot summer days even swim
- The village of Srednji Vrh on top of the Gozd Martuljek , at an altitude of 1000m above sea level, from where you will have the best view of the Špik many peaks. Visit the excellent cheese factory that boasts a 500- year old history as well as numerous awards to its name.
- For the young ones - the discovery of Kekec land and Rajza through the paths of the fairy from the Triglav tales.
- Not to mention all the surrounding mountains offering uncountable opportunities for hiking, mountaineering and climbing
Kranjska Gora is of course is a class apart and is considered the pearl of the Slovenian alpine tourism.
Each year it hosts the FIS World Cup Men - the »Vitranc« Cup as well as the old ski jumping event at Planica Planica is where the first man on skis flew over 100 and 200 meters.
In this idyllic village everyone will find what they came here for. You will be delighted by the local restaurants and pubs; and for those who like a bit of a gamble will be able to try their luck at the Korona or Larix casinos.
But what it really has in abundance are some fantastic sporting alternatives:
- Alpine skiing and snowboarding / 30 km of groomed trails
- Ski touring
- Cross-country skiing / 40 km of trails
- Swimming / Spa Aqua Larix, World Water Spik and Relaxation center Kompas
- Sledding / toboggan also known as Furious Pehta .
- Skating / natural ice rinks and skating rinks in the Larix hotel and Compass open to the public in the evening
- The Sports Hall VITRANC suitable for playing volleyball, basketball, handball, indoor football, floorball , table tennis and badminton
- Bike / 150 km of bike routes that take you up to Belopeških lakes in Italy. The famous cycling path Mojstrana - Belopeška Lake has long been known as the best, the most famous and the longest Lake in Gorenjska . The bike trail is officially called Jure Robic Trail.
- Adrenaline cycling / Bike Park for freeriders, drop tables, jumps, swings and other obstacles; downhill slope; dirt jump park
- Golf / lovers of the game! You will have the opportunity to hit the green on the nearby golf course (three playing fields, a driving range and putting green).
Kranjska Gora 3 km, 10 km Planica , Bled 35 km, ski resort of Sella Nevea (Italy) 35 km, Višarje (Italy) 32 km, ski resort of Nassfeld (Austria) 56 km, airport of Ljubljana 62 km, Ljubljana 80 km.